Join our Team
Kidaptive offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits; competitive pay and equity; and generous paid vacation. We encourage a playful and supportive work culture that includes fun off-site events, team-building activities,
and company-wide lunches.
Kidaptive is seeking an engineer with big data experience to join our team in Redwood Shores! In this role, you’ll work on improving and expanding our Adaptive Learning Platform (ALP) , in-house analytics, platform APIs, and more! Our vision is for ALP to power an ecosystem of connected learning apps, and we’ve got a very exciting year ahead of us. You’ll be part of a small but elite team dedicated to the success of our platform.
- Write code in Java and Go to improve and expand our Adaptive Learning Platform.
- Design data stores, both relational and not, and the queries that connect to them.
- Work with our learning team to help identify interesting insights and trends in the data.
- Propose new infrastructure, refactorings, and systems setup as needed to enhance ALP capabilities.
- Improve our company and partner analytics systems.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years working with big data technologies, particularly the Hadoop ecosystem
- Expert Java skills
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other relational databases.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Kafka and Zookeeper
- Prior experience building or maintaining an externally-facing application platform.
- AWS experience
- Go experience
- Korean language skills. While this position won’t interact with our Korean office often, it’s still a useful skill to have around Kidaptive.
Kidaptive has brought together experts in the learning sciences, psychometrics, speech recognition, big data, and game design to achieve our vision of personalized, playful, lifelong learning. Our mission is to help children learn and have fun, and to empower parents, by creating a vibrant ecosystem of personalized learning experiences. We have created a groundbreaking adaptive-learning platform that powers our own learning products and our partners’ products, and we envision our ALP platform powering a large ecosystem of connected learning apps. We’re well funded by investors including Menlo Ventures, Formation 8, Stanford-Start X, New Schools Venture Fund, and NCSoft among others. Our offices are in Silicon Valley, CA and Seoul, South Korea.To Apply: Please send a resume to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.