Join our Team
Kidaptive offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits; competitive pay and equity; and generous paid vacation. We encourage a playful and supportive work culture that includes fun off-site events, team-building activities,
and company-wide lunches.
Kidaptive is seeking an engineering leader with big data experience to join our team in Mountain View. In this role, you’ll assume ownership of our Adaptive Learning Platform (ALP) and the engineering team working on it, and play a key role in helping take Kidaptive to our next stage of growth! You’ll be the right hand of our CTO, responsible for evolving our data platform, working with partners, and creating the vision and strategy for how to evolve our data platform. Exact title and compensation will depend on experience, we’re looking for the right person in this role and are open to a variety of different backgrounds.
- Manage the data platform team
- Provide mentorship, training, and 1:1 guidance to your engineers
- Provide performance feedback and reviews
- Plan and schedule the team’s time and efforts
- Hire new talent as a hiring manager
- Work with partners
- Represent Kidaptive with partner companies interested in tying into ALP
- Assist with integration concerns and difficulties
- Provide guidance and vision to our internal product team on how to best evolve the platform for better partner support
- Own the data platform technology
- Upgrade and continuously evolve the capabilities of ALP
- Select the appropriate technologies, design patterns, and architectures for our data platform, and migrate from older systems when appropriate
- Install best practices and process across the team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years working with big data technologies, particularly the Hadoop ecosystem
- Prior engineering management experience.
- Prior experience building or maintaining an externally-facing application platform.
- Expert Java skills
- Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and code. While this is a management position, we’re still a startup and expect a fair degree of hands-on work will be required for the team to be successful.
Kidaptive has brought together experts in the learning sciences, psychometrics, speech recognition, big data, and game design to achieve our vision of personalized, playful, lifelong learning. Our mission is to help children learn and have fun, and to empower parents, by creating a vibrant ecosystem of personalized learning experiences. We have created a groundbreaking adaptive-learning platform that powers our own learning products and our partners’ products. One of our own products (recently acquired from NCSoft) is an interactive game (Hodoo English) that provides fun and engaging opportunities for children to practice understanding and speaking English. English Language Learning is a multi-billion dollar growing market, and we believe our game-based learning program with a focus on speaking and listening comprehension is an innovative solution that will help millions of kids fall in love with learning English. We’re well funded by investors including Menlo Ventures, Formation 8, Stanford-Start X, New Schools Venture Fund, and NCSoft among others. Our offices are in Mountain View, CA and Seoul, South Korea.To Apply: Please send a resume to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.