Join our Team
Kidaptive offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits; competitive pay and equity; and generous paid vacation. We encourage a playful and supportive work culture that includes fun off-site events, team-building activities,
and company-wide lunches.
Would you like to play a key role in the evolution of a next-generation adaptive learning platform built by Ph.D.’s in psychology, education, and computer science?
Kidaptive has developed a software platform that uses psychometrics and Big Data expertise to optimally support children’s learning across contexts by understanding their experiences, interests, and preferences. With this understanding, we can personalize the child’s learning experiences and give parents and teachers a more holistic picture of the child’s developing cognitive, physical, and social-emotional skills.
We are looking for a capable project coordinator to manage products powered by ALP in partnership with several companies. These products will let millions of learners around the world engage with different learning products powered by ALP. These will also give parents personalized insights and provide reports to guide best support their children’s progress.
This role will have high internal executive and external client visibility, touch all parts of the company, and be a part of our Platform Product Team.
- Develop and maintain the project plan for all the products powered by ALP, with clear milestones and deliverables
- Establish and support appropriate project management tools and practices
- Become the hub for a cross-functional team comprising members from Kidaptive and our strategic partners
- Provide rich communication within and between organizations
- Identify and address bottlenecks, roadblocks, and conflicts
- Ensure success on all milestones, deliverables, and other commitments
- Act as lieutenant for the Director of Product (help with presentations, time tracking, budget, etc.)
We are looking for:
- At least three years of experience managing complex software-development projects
- Familiarity with industry-standard project-management tools and processes
- Exceptional communication, persuasion, and relationship-building skills
- Confidence communicating with clients
- Comfort with fluid responsibilities and shifting priorities
- An energetic, optimistic, get-it-done attitude
- Passion for education and learning
- Alignment with Kidaptive’s values. We at Kidaptive embrace:
- an owner’s mindset of taking initiative and responsibility
- a craftsman’s passion for excellence
- a musician’s dedication to the symphony
- an athlete’s courage to face challenge and risk failure
- a kid’s spirit of playfulness
Fluency in Korean oral and written communication within a business contextTo Apply: Please send a resume to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.
Kidaptive is seeking an engineer with big data experience to join our team in Redwood Shores! In this role, you’ll work on improving and expanding our Adaptive Learning Platform (ALP) , in-house analytics, platform APIs, and more! Our vision is for ALP to power an ecosystem of connected learning apps, and we’ve got a very exciting year ahead of us. You’ll be part of a small but elite team dedicated to the success of our platform.
- Write code in Java and Go to improve and expand our Adaptive Learning Platform.
- Design data stores, both relational and not, and the queries that connect to them.
- Work with our learning team to help identify interesting insights and trends in the data.
- Propose new infrastructure, refactorings, and systems setup as needed to enhance ALP capabilities.
- Improve our company and partner analytics systems.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years working with big data technologies, particularly the Hadoop ecosystem
- Expert Java skills
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other relational databases.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Kafka and Zookeeper
- Prior experience building or maintaining an externally-facing application platform.
- AWS experience
- Go experience
- Korean language skills. While this position won’t interact with our Korean office often, it’s still a useful skill to have around Kidaptive.
Kidaptive has brought together experts in the learning sciences, psychometrics, speech recognition, big data, and game design to achieve our vision of personalized, playful, lifelong learning. Our mission is to help children learn and have fun, and to empower parents, by creating a vibrant ecosystem of personalized learning experiences. We have created a groundbreaking adaptive-learning platform that powers our own learning products and our partners’ products, and we envision our ALP platform powering a large ecosystem of connected learning apps. We’re well funded by investors including Menlo Ventures, Formation 8, Stanford-Start X, New Schools Venture Fund, and NCSoft among others. Our offices are in Silicon Valley, CA and Seoul, South Korea.To Apply: Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.